Thursday, 7 June 2012

The world doesn't revolve around you.


The world doesn’t always revolve around you, you know?

That’s what my dad has told my siblings quite a few times. I agree with it, though it’s sad to know you are not the center of the universe (>.<)  Well, you MAY be, but only to a certain number of people. Even to those people, you can’t always be the highlight all the time, right? 

To see people who love to be adored, kinda remind me of myself a few years back. Of course I was just like other people, i.e love to be known, to be popular and to have a lot of connections in the world. (never once I was popular though).

However, as I grow older and maturity takes over, I realised that there is more to life than just getting people’s attention. I just hate how some people can act all childish and ‘cheap’ just to attract or seek attention. Especially in getting the attention of the other gender. I keep telling myself that these people are just trying new things in life and trying hard to fit in the society. But somehow I think there  should be some limit to it. Sometimes it just gets on my nerves. They can actually think straight, cant they? But they just have to act all spoilt and refuse to learn. 

Of course I still enjoy making friends as much as I enjoy keeping them. Can’t promise that the quality of friendship will last like how it started though. (Have a few experiences where best friends turn into some strangers. Don’t even let me start on that.. Phew). But having friends that care for you and to get people’s attention are two different things. Having people care for you has some sincerity in it. And to get people’s attention might have some ‘force’ in it.

 A friendship that comes quite naturally I think. Thanks guys for always being there for each other. :)

Just go with the flow and never force a friendship or a relationship. Something that comes naturally is always better and more fun. Make yourself interesting and let people see it themselves. It doesn’t work by telling people how interesting you are but what people can see is just some pushy character. Never try too hard to win people’s heart. 

After all, the world doesn’t just revolve around YOU.

12 comments:

  1. i expect more stories in this post to keep me awake .. :P

    nice one though .. :D

    http://i.imgur.com/8ehte.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah! thanks mr anonymous! i am actually tempted, but i have the tendency to go out of track if i tell more stories. so, keeping the post short is the best and safest option. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess you didn't learn how to make dramatic blogpost from the Istana Budaya at all .. :P

      Mr anonymous ? ... you make me feel like im the infamous hacker anonymous .. lol

      what are you up to these days ? my ophthalmologist just told me i need to wear glasses ...

      Im kinda reluctant.. i cant accept the fact that i need to wear glasses .. Im still in denial till today ..

      :(

      http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/137735-1/Kittensqueeze.jpg

      Delete
    2. well, i might have learned how to be a drama queen myself, but not imposing the dramatic effect on this blog ;p (seems that you are aware i was once at istana budaya! quite sharp!)

      hahah, do i have any other choice? no options to address u properly. besides, probably.. mr ailurophobic? lol... just joking...

      i am now working on my project. 3 months to settle everything up. hope i can manage. and i hope journal-reading wont affect my eyes. :D hurm, u better wear glasses soon before your eyes get worse. well, you can always opt for contact lenses, can't you? :D

      Delete
  3. Right quotation,right analysis, right effect, right progression and right attitude. You certainly have moved towards the right direction...but ensure you stick to that right path. It will be pointless if it is temporary. In as much as the world does not move around you the physical Universe pushes on like life hence the need to adjust but in consonent with correctness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ayah! As usual, your words are mind blowing. And that's always the reason how I know it's you. :D True, although the world doesn't always revolve around us, but life moves on. Continuously. Like time, it doesn't wait for us. Hence, the need to move forward. Continuously as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Afiqah, How do you know when there are 2 Anonymous, who is who ? besides from the cat picture and my poor grammar of course ...

      3 months ? thats around 90 days or 7 889 231.49 seconds ... dont you think thats more than enough ? :P

      seriously, i printed around 150+ Journals to find a suitable topic( yeah.. thats a lot of trees ^^), later i managed to cut it down to 100+ to which is more related to my topic. Filtered again for methodologies/techniques which are relevant to my work until im left with around less than 50 ... wrote down proposal half way .. and i dig up another 30 fresh journal for references. I really need to use latex in my project 2. What do you use for writing ? Words ? Endnote?

      hey ... do you have any other email ? your KCL emails seems to be bouncing back my email .. :(


      oh ya .. cat picsss!!
      http://i.imgur.com/9A9fY.jpg

      Delete
  5. More than enough?? Wow, there you go. The word of wisdom from a pro... :D I think it should be enough. But since a lot of of people come to London to visit, I always have some unplanned tour i need to do. Hurm...
    I'm using Word for the time being. The only thing that I know of. :P
    Sorry about the email. Haha! Didn't know my KCL email is choosy. My email is afiqah_aisyah@yahoo.com Please, do not send spam mail k! Hahahah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. such inspired blog.. very nice. This is the way that i could improved my Grammar as well. (-__-)v

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Naza... Please drop by some time ;)

    ReplyDelete