Sunday, 17 June 2012

You are one in a million

A few years back:

Me: We are now in German!!
Ayah: German??? GERMANY!!
Me: Oh, I was talking in Malay. Kita sekarang berada di Jerman! (>.<)

Me: One of my friend...
Ayah: One of my FRIENDS!!!
Me: One of my friends told me that we bla bla blaa... (continue telling the story with a straight face)

Me: If I was her...
Ayah: If I WERE her...
Me: Oh... 

Me : Well, someone have to do it...
Ayah: ONE, is singular! Someone HAS to do it..
Me: Okay, yeah, someone HAS to do it!

*****************************************

Well, those are just some of the conversations we have had back then. You can just see how particular my dad is with grammar and English vocabulary. He can get really irritated if people have lousy grammar and use the wrong words. 

My family is used to this actually. We will laugh so hard if any one of us has made any grammar mistakes. That's just how we train each other. Might look harsh, but it is effective. Well, even up to this day my dad is my English teacher. My family's walking dictionary. He will do anything to make sure I am confident and feel comfortable to speak in English. He once said I speak Malay like a pipe that continues running without stop. And he wants me to be able to do that with English too. Phew~

Oh well, thanks to him I am now In London and I have no choice but to speak English EVERYDAY. Still so many things to learn but yeah, I sure hope I can have an excellent command of English as he does.

You are wrong if you think he is only my English teacher. He is also my badminton coach, my ping pong trainer, my motivator, my body guard, my hero,my talking partner, my eating partner and always always, my dad!!

You will always be my dad like how I will always be your little baby girl, Ayah!

My dad's quote that I love soOo much,
'I will never change you for the world!'

To ayah, neither will I. You are one in a million and I love you sOoo much!!! Happy Father's Day and your little baby girl misses you!! MuahXxx!!! :))


8 comments:

  1. and i learnt a lot from reading ur dad's judgements..simple yet very sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iqa, my reward is see u write such effective posts effortlessly;and the above is one of the excellent examples of what you can produce once command of the English language is at your finger tips. Ceaseless practice can only improve things. Here you have recounted some of the unforgettable moments in your life hence providing me with pleasurable memories of yester years. Terasa macam something pricking my eyes bila membaca post atas....I love you so much sayang. My best memory is the two of us holding hands even in public even though you are past the 'little baby girl' age....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous 1: thank you! my dad would be happy to hear that. i am sure you are doing law right now. i hope one day if u are going to write a judgement, it will be useful to your readers as well! ;)

    Ayah: huhu, terharu jugak. thank you ayah!! it is my pleasure. i have always been proud of u and no matter how old i get, insyaAllah i'll stay the same. even in public i will always hug and kiss you and mummy coz i am proud and feel lucky to be you little one. muah muah!!! love u loads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous3 here,

    cool story afiqah ... all of the above is my common mistake .. lol

    http://i.imgur.com/OG1ds.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello anonymous 3! well, it's never too late to learn something ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. moks, you definitely have a lot of anonymous-es reading your blog! haha ok, towards better english everyday! love u darl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. another anon ? wow ... are you someone famous in Malaysia i suppose to know ? :P

    http://i.imgur.com/OlE1Q.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi moks! i know, only anonymous people know about this blog. hahahah! love u too darl! ;p

    hi anonymous 3! yeah, i am famous. anonymously famous... hahahah :D

    ReplyDelete