Friday, 30 August 2013

Where are the flags?

While writing this, I am in Singapore, waiting for the clock to strike 12. Waiting for the 31st of August, the Independence Day of our beloved country, Malaysia.

Sad but true, this year I see less enthusiasm from the Malaysians of our Independence Day. Have no idea why year by year, lesser number of flags can be seen around. In previous years, there used to be more flags in the independence month of August. 

I don’t know why people are less patriotic these days.


Is it because of people having so much hatred for the current government?

Can’t people differentiate between politics and patriotism?

Seriously, to see Malaysians are not proud of the country, our Jalur Gemilang and Negaraku song just saddens me.

No matter from what angle I try to look from, I still feel Malaysians are not independent enough.

If politics still play a big role in deciding whether or not to raise the country’s flag, it shows just how shallow one can be. And it is enough to tell how Malaysians’ minds have yet to be freed.


Yeah, I am disappointed. And even more disappointed not to get to celebrate this day in my own country…. 

~~credit to Google Image~~

Anyhow, I still want to wish, Selamat Merdeka oh tanah air tercintaku Malaysia. Aku sayang kamu!! I will never get bored saying this over and over again, that I am proud to be a Malaysian!!
Happy Independence Day Malaysians!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment