Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Eid Mubarak / Selamat Hari Raya

I have no problem about not having a proper kampung to go to during Eid. To me, Selangor/KL is indeed my kampung.

After all, kampung is where your family is. :)

My sister comes all the way from the east coast with her family to Selangor to celebrate Eid with us. My siblings gather here to meet my parents, where we all meet up, talk, share stories, reminisce, eat, take pictures and everything that others can also do in their respective kampungs. The plus point for us is to practically have the whole city (KL/Selangor) to ourselves. We do not need to stress out about the traffic while going balik kampung, though some would say that driving long hours is part of the 'Raya adventure.' Well, to each his own. I prefer staying here though :P

Anyway, talk about reminiscing good memories, I remember well enough how my family is always different from other people. Since kampung is not what we have, especially when my grandparents  passed away quite early, we preferred to be away during Eid.

We used to travel and be somewhere that not many people would want to go to during festive seasons. We went to Pulau Redang, we even went to Batu Feringghi and many other touristy areas just to be together as a family. Moreover, flight tickets during Eid are much cheaper compared to other period. It didn't matter that we didn't have ketupat on our 1st or 2nd raya. It didn't matter if we didn't have people coming over to our house on the 1st week of raya. We were just glad that we were together. One time about 3 years back, we even went to One Utama all dressed up with our 'baju raya' on the first day itself. Imagine us wearing the complete baju raya with the same colour theme. It really invited a lot of stares from people around. :P

Now that my my sister has a son, my brother has a daughter and my parents have me (eh?), we prefer to stay home and celebrate Eid the normal way. Since the last 4 Eids, we have a colour theme to wear on our 1st or 2nd raya. We eat Malay raya food like how others usually do (It's such a relief not to have to look for available restaurants just to eat... it's pretty tough to find a Malay restaurant during Eid. >.<). We take pictures of the whole family in the same colour and post it in the social media, also like how others would do. (eh?)

Anyway, no matter how we celebrate Eid, it is a big day for us Muslims. It is a day of celebration, and a gift from Allah s.w.t to us after successfully fasting the whole month of Ramadhan. Celebrate wisely, and pray that our ibadah is also istiqamah throughout the 11 months before the next Ramadhan comes again. (Also pray that we are able to meet the next Ramadhan).

It is also useful to remind each and everyone to plan the food intake wisely while visiting relatives' and friends' houses. Or else, the kilos drop during the fasting month will be.. rather wasted. :P

Okiee... Lots of love from me to all. Selamat Hari Raya to all Muslims in the whole world. May Allah accept all our acts of ibadah during Ramadhan and also during any other time. In shaa Allah :)


Maaf Zahir dan Batin people! :)

 From all of us, in Yellow :)

4 comments:

  1. Si Buncit tu lah kampung kamu (eh?).. I mean, Kampung is where your family is.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Initially I wanted to insert that iklan in this post, but I was too lazy to look for it again. Yeah, where ever our family is, that's where our Kampung is ;)

      Delete
    2. Ahaha right .. let me do the honour ..

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiV5frT4JCE&list=UUEyMBWgXwz8ifr-0JBa4LUw

      too bad the TV version cut most of the scene .. :)

      Delete
    3. Hahaha! Yay! Thanks so much! Yeah, i know.. When the advertisement is too short, the impact is no longer there.. ;p

      Delete