Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Ramadan this year

We usually look for Allah's guidance when we are in pain, sorrow, or when we feel lost. Even if we do pray, during happy times, we don't do the extras as much as when we are in misery. Such hypocrites we are. 

I remember that a friend of mine said in her Facebook's status that no one in this world can say the word "love" when they are in a quarrel, feel betrayed or insulted as all the feelings of love and affections have gone. On the other hand, even if we go against Allah's orders, it is clearly stated in many surahs in the holy Al-Quran that if we repent, Allah will forgive our guilty deeds as Allah is Ever-Forgiving and Ever-Merciful. 

This Ramadan, many unforgettable incidents take place around me. On the first Ramadan itself, my car was knocked from behind while I was driving to the office. Alhamdulillah neither me nor the person who knocked my car was injured. My car was in the workshop for about 20 days so I was carless that whole time. 

During this Ramadan too, 2 of my very close friends gave birth. One of them had some complication that she had to be in the hospital for many weeks until the day that she delivered her baby. She got another complication after giving birth that she has to be closely monitored by the doctors. I got very worried of her but alhamdulillah things are getting better from the looks of it. Hope that she can be discharged soon and a second operation is not needed.

Just 3 days ago my sister told my family that my nephew was down with chicken pox, so our Eid arrangement has to be re-planned. Initially our plan was to have everyone at home on the 1st day of Eid, but since my nephew has to be quarantined and not to be in contact with others who have not got chicken pox yet, we have to make some sacrifices for this year's Eid. This also means we can't accept visitors to our house. *cries*

This morning I woke up to a very shocking news whereby there was an explosion in Madinah. Madinah! Of all places! I had to reread the news many times to make sure I didn't get the name  of the place wrong.  This Ramadan has a lot of tragedies with bombings in many Muslim countries. I can't believe how people can still relate ISIS with Islam. Obviously, there is nothing Islamic about killing innocent people.  

To sum up, it has been quite a challenging and meaningful Ramadan to most of us. With things that have been happening locally and internationally, all I can say is that aren't we lucky that we still have time to repent? To seek for forgiveness for all our mistakes and wrongdoings? Alhamdulillah we can still perform our ibadah and there are rooms for forgiveness.

Let's hope that we are given the chance to meet Ramadan again next year. At this corner, I would like to take the opportunity to say sorry to everyone who I have hurt in anyway. Ampun maaf dipinta.. Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir Batin. 




   Taqabbalallahu minna wa minkum. :)

2 comments:

  1. Selamat hari raya Iqa sayang, maaf zahir dan batin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selamat hari raya sayang.. maaf zahir batin :)

      Delete